Like many other websites, Riders On Board gathers information about how visitors use our website. In general you can visit many of our web pages without registering or providing us with any personal information. Some of the information collected does not identify who you are. Other information, such as your domain name or IP address, may identify you depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider; you may wish to ask them about their policies and practices. While we make no attempt to link the information captured to the identity of individuals, the information captured does identify the following:
- The internet domain and IP address from which you access our website.
- The country in which the IP address is associated with.
- The duration of your visit on the website
- The specific pages that were viewed (by number of requests only)
- If you linked to Riders On Board web site from another web site, the address of that web site. This information is used to help us make our site more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors to our site, and by monitoring traffic patterns and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about specific individuals and their visits. Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Riders On Board personnel who need the information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to a request.
In order to better understand your preferences and to better serve you, we may combine information you give us online with other information from other Riders On Board sources (i.e. newsletter, event registration, etc.).
We may use the information we collect to:
- Customize and/or personalize your communications.
- Communicate with you about your purchases, account information, resources, and events.
- Improve our website, discussion forum, resources and/or events.
- Administer contests, promotions, surveys, or other website features.
Security on Riders On Board is very important and as such we employ many security features to keep and maintain all information (including online payment, financial information and personal details) private.
Privacy and Links to Other Sites
Information Collected in Emails and Web Forums
If you should choose to provide us with personal information”-as in an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it to us through our website”-we will use that information to respond to your message and to help us get the information you have requested. Messages sent via the Internet can be intercepted. If you are concerned about sending your personal information to us via the Internet, you can use another method such as fax or regular mail.
Riders On Board does not rent or sell your information to any outside parties. All person information that you provide voluntarily will remain confidential and used exclusively by Riders On Board.
Transactions Where Information Enters a System of Records
Where personal information is provided that enters a system of records, it is collected in compliance with section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. Riders On Board collects, creates and maintains information for the purposes of registration and other activities directly related to its programs and may be disclosed to academic and administrative units according to policy and in accordance with federal and provincial reporting requirements. Information collected is only kept for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.